Tuesday, May 20, 2008

gum drops and please walk signs

Against the blacktop table a white NO SMOKING sign shines and i wonder why they don't just say "please keep yourself healthy"? or "stay away from cancer"? "keep your lungs free of toxin and danger".

I guess it can't all be like my play class which encourages positive signs which read "Please walk" instead of "don't run"

But It's probably better that way because if we lived in "please walk" signed world, if a boy refrains from dating you, the shock would probably be enough to combust your heart.

I guess the harsh "don't run" signs cushion the blow in a way. I believe that in that "please walk" world, the "keep your lungs free of cancer" kingdom gum drop fairies make it so love is love not some strange thing that feels as if it only takes a word, name, thing, as if a turn on/off switch to change it.

Maybe I don't love.
Maybe I don't get it.

In the back of Mary Ward I hear drunken squeals and screeches as raccoons come out to inspect the night, wondering why this is happening.

I dunno little buddy, wish i could help but everyone in college seems to grow old and careless at times.

I sound like an insecure 13 year old, i swear i once was confident but this whole shindig has made me as vulnerable as a one legged pelcan and it's about time to mend that leg and get on with it.

No comments: