Tuesday, May 20, 2008

find the kid with the glasses

my pics of baseball card filled toilets, polaroid's , and cute array of colors are neatly packed away. On the fourth floor my purple pants and nico t-shirts are awashing and i'm in my dorm bed listening to belle and sebastisan, stumble-uponing and diary doing. I will officially be out of college in less than a week. An apartment will be ready for me by the beginning of august, and this is where my dorm experience ends.

I kind of really like it here though. Moldy bathrooms, the charming and almost nauseating dining center, small cramped rooms, and the infinite pile of homework. I like the fact it all kinda sucks. I like the cheap wine parties, the friends that are just waiting to be made and going from room to room discovering new and different opportunity. Everything feels new, I could be a
mailman, an astronaut and a rockstar all at once.

Why does it all just end here? I want to be part of the big scheme of things, I want to be a small kid in a big world, with surrounding college kids for miles and no one else.

I'm the girl with the glasses, sitting in room 301, whose best friends with the small brown boy and the hot guy from the forth floor. I just want to always want to be part of this life.

But as neatly packed as my photobooth pics, I find direction in simple ways. With a one-way trip, fafsa worries disappear. Applications write themselves, papers finish up, excitement for summer can't help but dissolve some worries and slowly I ease into the world of what my future holds. Everything is coming together, and I start to notice, that even though it all seemed like an official mess, if I could pull back a little it's as simple as the puzzle that hangs on my wall, a picture of three boys, one with the glasses and two with out. Overhead it reads: Find the Kid with the Glasses, its funny how easy it makes it all look.

1 comment:

matthias said...

I love you Bea! We're gonna be kids every day next year. You and me, girl!